The Search Committee shall accept nominations from 15 September to 23 September 2022 (5:00 p.m.). Please submit the following documents in electronic (PDF) copies with e-signatures affixed:
1. Nominator/s’ signed nomination letter containing the justification for the nomination (please include current contact details of the (first) nominator);
2. Nominee’s summarized curriculum vitae (at most three (3) pages);
3. Nominee’s signed letter of acceptance of the nomination, stating willingness to
serve as Director;
4. and Nominee’s vision and plans for UP ICE in broad terms, including his/her flagship programs.
Kindly address and send via email all letters/ nominations/ submissions to:
Search Committee for the Director of the Institute of Civil Engineering.
c/o Prof. Lew Andrew R. Tria
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Nomination for ICE Director
Who May Nominate:
Faculty members, REPS, administrative personnel, students, alumni, UP constituents, interested candidates, and other vested stakeholders.
Who May Be Nominated
The nominee must possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Filipino citizen
2. Commitment to academic freedom and values and ideals of the University
3. Distinction or outstanding academic credentials in the nominee’s field of
expertise which should be along the lines of UP ICE disciplines or fields
4. Leadership qualities and administrative capability
5. Must be willing to serve as Director
6. Must consider resource generation an important function of the position.
The nominee need not be a faculty member at the time of nomination. Should s/he be
appointed, s/he must have a faculty appointment.
Schedule of Activities
Call for Nominations
15 September to 23 September 2022
Deadline of Nominations
23 September 2022 (5:00 p.m.)
Public Forum via Zoom Webinar:
Incumbent Director’s Report and Presentation of Nominee/s
26 September 2022
Search Committee Interviews with Stakeholders via Zoom
27 – 28 September 2022
Search Committee Interviews with Nominee/s via zoom
29 September 2022
Submission of Search Committee Report to the Dean
7 October 2022
NB: Schedule may change and will be announced accordingly