The Search Committee for the Directorship of the UP National Hydraulic Research Center (UP NHRC) shall accept nominations from 15 September to 23 September 2022 (until 11:59 PM). Please submit the following documents in PDF:
1. Nominator/s’ signed nomination letter containing the justification for the nomination (please include current contact details of the (first) nominator);
2. Nominee’s summarized curriculum vitae (at most three (3) pages);
3. Nominee’s signed letter of acceptance of the nomination, stating willingness to serve as Director; and
4. Nominee’s vision and plans for the UP NHRC in broad terms, including his/her flagship programs.
Kindly address and send via email all letters/nominations/submissions to:
Search Committee for the Directorship of the UP National Hydraulic Research Center
c/o Prof. Ariel C. Blanco
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Nomination for NHRC Director
Who May Nominate:
Faculty members, REPS, administrative personnel, students, alumni, UP constituents, interested candidates, and other stakeholders.
Who May Be Nominated
The nominee must possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Filipino citizen;
2. Commitment to academic freedom and values and ideals of the University;
3. Outstanding academic credentials, including a doctoral degree in Hydraulic Engineering, Water Resources/Coastal Engineering, or in an allied field, and extensive R&D experience in fields associated with the UP NHRC;
4. Leadership qualities and administrative capability;
5. Must be willing to serve as Director; and
6. Must consider resource generation an important function of the position.
The nominee need not be a faculty member at the time of nomination. Should s/he be
appointed, s/he must have a faculty appointment.
Schedule of Activities
|Call for Nominations||15 September 2022|
|Deadline for Submission of Nominations||23 September 2022|
|Public Forum via Zoom Webinar: Incumbent Director’s Report and Presentation of Nominee/s||26 September 2022*|
|Search Committee Interviews with Stakeholders||27 September 2022*|
|Search Committee Interviews with Nominee/s||28 September 2022*|
|Submission of Search Committee Report to the Dean||7 October 2022|
*Schedule may change. Any change in schedule will be announced.