Office of the Associate Dean for Institutional Linkages
The Office of the Associate Dean for Institutional Linkages is an administrative office under the Office of the Dean that serves as the link of the students, faculty, and alumni of the college to the industry, different government agencies, and academic institutions both local and foreign.
Goals of the Office
- To promote partnership in knowledge generation, resource-sharing, and academic activities such as student and faculty exchange, joint research and publication, sponsorship of conference and other academic activities.
- To serve as a venue for the industry, government, and academic institutions to help enhance engineering education in a rapidly changing global environment.
- To provide opportunities for students and faculty to be exposed to industry and government work environments in order to prepare them in the conduct of nation building.
Functions of the Office
- Identifies and explores areas of cooperation and linkages with local and foreign institutions.
- Facilitates activities related to formalizing agreements between the university (thru the college) and the academic partners
- Oversees student activities and programs, such as job fairs and career talks organized by the college-based organizations and the UP CAPES.
- Coordinates with associations of the college and different organizations, including the UP Alumni Engineers, in promoting and implementing programs concerning students and alumni.
- Collates and maintains data on industry and government partners, internship participation and feedback, and specific activities conducted as a result of bilateral agreements.
Office of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs
The Office of the Associate Dean for Student Affairs (ADSA) is the arm of the Office of the Dean that deals with matters concerning student activities and welfare. Its primary tasks are to:
- Administer available undergraduate student scholarships
- Oversee the recognition of all college-based student organizations, including their operations and activities
- Work in coordination with all engineering service organizations, primarily, the Engineering Student Council and the Inhenyero
- Handle the selection process for the annual UP Engineering Student Awards
- Coordinate with academic units of the college on matters regarding their students
The Associate Dean for Student Affairs supervises the conduct of activities related to the functions of the office and is assisted by a Research and Extension Specialist. Committees on scholarships and student organizations, both appointed by the Dean of the College of Engineering, serve as auxiliaries of the Office of the ADSA.
Office of the College Secretary
The Office of the College Secretary is the official keeper of records, overseer of registration and scholastic evaluation of students at the college level. It serves as the liaison of the college to various offices in the University. It is in constant communication with sections of the Office of the University Registrar such as Admission and Registration Section (ARS), Computerized Registration and Student Records Section (CRSRS), Records Management and Appraisal Section (RMAS), and Publication and University Council Secretariat Section (PUCSS).
Goals of the Office of the College Secretary
- To advocate awareness on pertinent University and college policies, rules and regulations related to admission, registration, progress and graduation of students.
- To ensure the smooth flow of activities related to admission, registration, progress and graduation of students.
- To safeguard the integrity of the permanent academic records of students from admission to graduation and beyond.
- To provide efficient and friendly service to faculty, students and the community.
Functions of the Office of the College Secretary
- Implements University and college policies, rules, thrusts and priorities related to admission, registration, progress and graduation.
- Coordinates with departments and other offices in the college, and with various offices in the University in relation to admission, registration, progress and graduation of students.
- Prepares, facilitates and conducts activities related to admission, registration, progress and graduation of students.
- Manages and appraises students records from admission to graduation and beyond.
- Conducts orientation on University and college policies and rules among new students.
- Addresses concerns of faculty, students, and the community related to admission, registration, progress and graduation of students.
Jhoanna Rhodette Pedrasa, PhD
Bemboy Niño Subosa
Assistant College Secretary
The OCS has three Student Records Evaluators and four administrative personnel.
Student Records Evaluator II
For students under the BS Civil Engineering, BS Chemical Engineering, and BS Computer Science degree programs
Arsenio “Arnel” Franco
Student Records Evaluator I
For students under the BS Geodetic Engineering, BS Industrial Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, and BS Materials Engineering degree programs
Student Records Evaluator I
For students under the BS Electrical Engineering, BS Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communications Engineering, BS Computer Engineering, and BS Metallurgical Engineering and BS Mining Engineering degree programs
Imelda “Aimee” Ocampo
Senior Admin Assistant I
Melchor Hall room reservations, special collecting officer, tagging of students in CRS, processing of shifting/transfer in students
Admin Assistant II
Processing of Non-major and Voluntary Shifting Out students
Ferdinand “Ferdie” Molina
Admin Assistant II
Entertain queries of students, accepting and releasing requests for certificates and True Copy of Grades, preparing of True Copy of Grades
Alliana Joyce “AJ” Villalobos
Entertain queries of students, accepting and releasing requests for certificates and True Copy of Grades