The Search Committee is now actively conducting a search process for the Dean of the UPD College of Engineering.
The Search Committee shall accept nominations from June 27 to July 8, 2022.
The Search Committee for the Deanship of the UPD College of Engineering (CoE) hereby announces a call for nominations and schedule of activities.
Please submit the following documents in electronic (PDF) copies with e-signatures affixed:
1. Signed nomination letter containing the justification for the nomination and the complete contact details of the nominator/s);
2. Nominee’s summarized curriculum vitae, at most three (3) pages;
3. Nominee’s signed letter of acceptance of the nomination, stating willingness to serve as Dean; and
4. Nominee’s vision and plans for the College in broad terms, including flagship programs.
Kindly address and send via email all letters/ nominations/ submissions to:
Search Committee for the College of Engineering Deanshipc/o Prof. Jose Maria P. Balmaceda (Chair)
Email address: email@example.com
Subject: Nomination for CoE Deanship
Who May Nominate: CoE faculty, REPS, administrative personnel, students and alumni, UP constituents and other interested stakeholders.
Who May be Nominated:
The nominee must possess the following minimum qualifications:
1. Filipino citizen;
2. Commitment to academic freedom and values and ideals of the University;
3. Distinction or outstanding academic credentials in the nominee’s field of expertise which should be along the lines of CoE’s disciplines or fields;
4. Leadership qualities and administrative capability;
5. Must be willing to serve as Dean; and
6. Must consider resource generation an important function of the position.
The nominee need not be a faculty member at the time of nomination. Should they be appointed, they must have a faculty appointment.
2022 Call for Nominations to the Deanship of the UP DilimanCollege of Engineering (CoE)
Schedule of Activities
Nomination Period: June 27 to July 8, 5:00 p.m.
Public Forum via Zoom:• State of CoE and accomplishment report of incumbent Dean• Presentation of nominee/s’ vision and plans July 15, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Search Committee Interviews/Meetings with Stakeholders via Zoom:
July 18 • Faculty (a.m.)• Students, RAs, TAs, TFs (p.m.)
July 19 • Administrative staff, REPS (a.m.)• Alumni (p.m.)
July 20 Other stakeholders and those who missed their schedule (a.m.)
Search Committee Interviews with Nominee/s via Zoom: July 20 (p.m.)
Submission of Final Report to the Chancellor: July 29