We are pleased to announce the call for participation in the 2022 Undergraduate Project Competition. The UPC is an annual event aimed at showcasing the best senior-level research and design projects of our undergraduate students.
The winners of the competition shall receive the Dr. Francis Chua Innovation Awards and the following prizes:
First Prize: 50,000 pesos
Second Prize: 30,000 pesos
Finalists: 10,000 pesos
Interested participants must submit their entries on or before 4pm of June 18, 2022.
- an individual or group project that is an output of a senior project course (i.e. XX144, XX150, XX192, XX198, XX199 and XX200)
- projects should be completed within the period of Midyear 2021 to Second Semester SY 2021-22
- student must specify whether the project will particpate in either the research or the design categeory
- only one submission per project will be accepted
- applicants must accomplish the Abstract Form and have it endorsed by their adviser
- the deadline for submission is 4pm of June 18, 2022
- instructions on how and where to submit the properly accomplished and endorsed Abstract Form are soon to be announced
- the entries will be undergo a first-round evaluation by the UPC Committee with the following criteria:
- Research Category: 50% Significance, and 50% Quality of Research
- Design Category: 50% Creativity and Innovation, and 50% Usefulness and Value
- the top 30 entries in each category will be announced on June 27, 2022. These semi-finalists will move forward to the Poster Competition
- details for the poster submission are to be announced
- the top 5 poster entries in each category will be announced on July 15, 2022. These finalists will move forward to the Final Round
- finalists shall submit a demo pitch video and be interviewed by an external panel of judges
- the winners of the UPC2022 shall be announced at the College Recognition Rites on July 29, 2022.