The competition aims to solicit designs for iconic symbols for the Melchor Hall and the Engineering Complex. It also aims to harness the talents of artists and alumni in the design of sculptures.
The sculptures will be placed at the following locations:
● Engineering Complex Main Site (in front of DMMME building) – Main Sculpture
● Melchor Hall (Big)
● National Engineering Center (Smaller sculpture)
● Energy and Environmental Engineering Building (Smaller sculpture)
● EEEI Building (Smaller sculpture)
● DCS Building (Smaller sculpture)
A team with at least one UP College of Engineering alumnus/alumna may participate in the competition by submitting an entry that shows their design proposal for the sculptures in the Melchor Hall site and the Engineering Complex.
The participants who submitted the winning entries will receive:
1st prize: 75,000 PhP
2nd prize: 35,000 PhP
3rd prize: 20,000 PhP
A panel of jurors composed of the following will select the winning entry:
Dean Ferdinand Manegdeg
Dean Grace Ramos
Dean Marc San Valentin
Mr. Pete Jimenez
Ms. Julie Lluch Dalena
The deadline of registration is on 1 August 2022
For more details please see the guidelines.